Ok…stay with me here folks…
Take Point is supposedly a South Korean film about the Republican United States President who is definitely not based on Donald Trump in any way, shape, or form…The President’s approval ratings are plummeting to record lows due to tensions with North Korea. As election day draws near, he is 30 points down to the Democrat challenger. So the president decides to hire a mercenary group of hired guns who refer to themselves as illegal aliens (which doesn’t make any sense because they aren’t in America so how can they be illegal to the country?) to run an extraction operation into the North Korea territory.
However, before the opt can get started, North Korea launches a scud missile at South Korea nearly missing the people of Seoul…or so we think. Turns out the President of the United States ordered a false flag attack on South Korea to make it look like North Korea did the attack in order to justify military action against North Korea and make people in the United States vote for him. But…before the mercenary group can enter the country, it turns out the North Korean president wants to defect to South Korea thus bringing an end to the Korean conflict. But since the US just staged a false flag in South Korea, if it is discovered that the US President committed the attack, he will definitely lose the election and face impeachment so now the plan has changed to kidnap the North Korean president before he can defect so they can frame him as the madman before the votes are tallied…but it turns out the North Korean president isn’t trying to defect as China set up a ruse with North Korea to work against the US president and make sure he loses the election.
It is at this point of the film, I checked my watch and came to the discovery that we are only THIRTY MINUTES IN THE MOVIE!!!
That isn’t even the most frustrating part of the story
- The film is in English…not Korean
- The parts of the film that is in Korean are not subtitled
- This film has some of the worst camerawork I’ve ever seen in my life. This isn’t even shaky cam, this is like letting your 8-year-old son film your movie with a camcorder bad.
- The first thirty minutes of the film takes place in the same location…that’s right, all of the plot changes happen before our protagonists even leave the frickin room.
- All of the characters have the charisma of a Fruit by the foot and they are only half as likable.
I couldn’t do it, I couldn’t finish the film. Just 30 short minutes in and I was left speechless by how shockingly bad this movie was and how hard it was to follow. We are only 4 days into the new year and if this movie doesn’t make my top 10 worst of 2019…